Indoor Air Quality
At Hart's Home Services, we offer indoor air quality services to help you and your family breathe easier. Our Clearwater indoor air quality specialists can help ensure that your home is circulating clean, healthy air with our air filtration systems and air cleaning solutions.
What is “indoor air quality”
Indoor air quality describes how inside air can affect a person’s health and overall comfort. It can include temperature, humidity, lack of outside air (poor ventilation), mold and bacteria from water damage, or exposure to toxic chemicals commonly found in our homes. There are many sources of indoor air pollution found in any home, some include combustion sources such as oil, gas, kerosene, coal, wood, and tobacco products; building materials and furnishings as diverse as deteriorated, asbestos-containing insulation, wet or damp carpet, and cabinetry or furniture made of certain pressed wood products; products for household cleaning and maintenance, personal care, or hobbies; central heating and cooling systems and humidification devices; and outdoor sources such as radon, pesticides, and outdoor air pollution.
Indoor Air Pollution and Health
Over the last several years, new scientific research has shown that the air within our homes and other buildings can be more seriously polluted than the outdoor air in even the largest and most industrialized cities. Some studies indicate that people spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors, so for many people, the risks to their health may be greater due to exposure to air pollution indoors than outdoors.
Health effects from indoor air pollutants may be experienced soon after exposure or, possibly, years later.
Immediate effects may show up after a single exposure or repeated exposures. These include irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. Such immediate effects are usually short-term and treatable. Sometimes the treatment is simply eliminating the person’s exposure to the source of the pollution, if it can be identified. Symptoms of some diseases, including asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and humidifier fever, may also show up soon after exposure to some indoor air pollutants.
Other health effects may show up either years after exposure has occurred or only after long or repeated periods of exposure. These effects, which include some respiratory diseases, heart disease, and cancer, can be severely debilitating or fatal. It is prudent to try to improve the indoor air quality in your home even if symptoms are not noticeable.
What can you do?
There are many things that you can do to improve the quality of the air in your home. We here at Hart’s Home Services can help you with our knowledge, expertise, and technical know-how. Here are a few suggestions:
- Don’t allow smoking indoors.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector.
- Repair leaks in your home.
- Get regular and thorough maintenance on your air conditioning and heating system by a licensed and trustworthy contractor. Have central air handling systems, including furnaces, flues, and chimneys, inspected annually and promptly repair cracks or damaged parts.
- Ensure that you have proper ventilation in your home, especially in the kitchen and bath
- Install an EPA recommended, non-ozone producing air purifying filtration system.
Indoor Air Quality Services from Hart's Home Services
Hart’s Home Services will make a thorough inspection of your home’s ventilation and air intake sources. These are the places in your home where air enters and it is of utmost importance that they are as far from possible points of contamination. In order to optimize air quality, the best possible level of ventilation and filtration must be ascertained for your home and established. Hart’s Home Services will access your home’s air intake and filtration systems and modify them as is necessary to achieve optimal air-flow and maximum pollutant and micron removal. We can recommend the filtration system and mold and bacteria killing UV lights to go with your new or existing central air conditioning and heating system.
We’ll also check possible air pollutants within your home, like stoves and heating systems, and make adjustment so that that they’re operating at a safe air capacity.
Hart’s Home Services is fully licensed and insured and our highly trained professionals are prepared to offer indoor air solutions for your home or office, no matter the size.
For the best air possible, calls Hart’s Home Services today and schedule an assessment!
You will ♥ our service!
Services Our Clearwater Indoor Air Quality Contractors Provide
- Duct Cleaning
- Air Cleaners
- Air Filters
- Air Conditioning
- Air Filtration Systems
- Clean Air
- Air Filtration
- Air Purifiers
- Air Purification
- Indoor Air Quality
Why Homeowners Should Choose Us for Indoor Air Quality
When you call the Clearwater indoor air quality experts at Hart’s Home Services, you can expect results. Our technicians will evaluate your indoor air situation, listen to your concerns, and provide personalized solutions that suit your needs and budget. We back everything up with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, too, because we want you to be happy! It's just that simple.
Hart's Home Services wants to ensure you get the quality service you expect from an established and trusted Clearwater air conditioning company. That's why we make sure our Clearwater indoor air quality technicians are trained, certified, background checked, drug tested and committed to providing top notch service in a professional and friendly manner. Our Clearwater air conditioning and expert indoor air quality technicians are skilled professionals and valued team members, and we are certain you will feel confident about having them in your home to take care of your indoor air quality needs.
Recent Articles About Indoor Air Quality
- ALLERGY SEASON: CLEARWATER INDOOR AIR QUALITY SPOTLIGHT - With the warmer, wetter months upon us here in South Central Florida, there is no better time to take a look at our air condition, heating, and ventilation systems and make sure that they are running at peak performance. Properly maintained equipment and products designed to improve the air we breathe in our homes are ...[Read more]
- CLEARWATER INDOOR AIR QUALITY TIPS: IMPROVING YOUR HOME’S AIR - In the subject of heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems, it is impossible not to touch on the issue of pollution. Governments around the world are working hard to fight air pollution through passing and implementing new environmental laws and policies. Air especially in the cities cannot be called fresh anymore in as much as it ... [Read more]