Fire can grow and spread quickly, and having working smoke alarms in your home can mean the difference between life and death. If you have an issue with your smoke detectors, or need a smoke alarm installed in your home, please contact the professional Clearwater electricians at Hart's Home Services. We can help!
Smoke alarms are life-saving devices that are only effective when they are working properly, so it is important to make sure your smoke alarms are installed and operating correctly. Smoke alarms with batteries that are dead, disconnected, or missing can't alert you to the dangers of smoke and fire.
If you suspect your smoke alarms are not up to par, contact your reliable Clearwater electrician, Hart's Home Services. Our Clearwater smoke alarms specialists can install, inspect, or replace your smoke detectors quickly and reliably, ensuring your home and family will be safe and alerted in the event of a fire.
Clearwater Fire Safety - The Right Way to Install a Smoke Alarm
Smoke alarms should be installed on every level of your home, including the basement, making sure that there is an alarm outside every separate sleeping area. New homes are required to have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room and all smoke alarms must be interconnected.
Hard-wired smoke alarms operate on your household electrical current. They can be interconnected so that every alarm sounds regardless of the fire's location. This is an advantage in early warning, because it gives occupants extra time to escape if they are in one part of the home and a fire breaks out in another part of the house. Smoke alarms that are hard-wired should have battery backups in case of a power outage, and should be installed by a qualified Clearwater electrician.
Smoke Alarm Placement and Installation:
- If you sleep with bedroom doors closed, have a qualified Clearwater electrician install interconnected smoke alarms in each room so that when one alarm sounds, they all sound.
- If you or someone in your home is deaf or hard of hearing, consider installing an alarm that combines flashing lights, vibration and sound.
- Mount smoke alarms high on walls or ceilings (remember, smoke rises). Ceiling mounted alarms should be installed at least four inches away from the nearest wall; wall-mounted alarms should be installed four to 12 inches away from the ceiling.
- If you have ceilings that are pitched, install the alarm near the ceiling's highest point.
- Don't install smoke alarms near windows, doors, or ducts where drafts might interfere with their operation.
- Never paint smoke alarms. Paint, stickers, or other decorations could keep the alarms from working.
Services Our Clearwater Smoke Alarms Contractors Provide
- Smoke Alarm Installation
- Smoke Alarm Systems
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Fire Alarms
- Electrical Wiring
- Fire Safety
- Fire Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Smoke Alarms
- Smoke Detectors
- Home Safety
- House Alarms
Why Homeowners Should Choose Us for Their Smoke Alarms
Over the years, Hart's Home Services has satisfied the electrical needs of thousands of homeowners throughout Pinellas County, FL. We take pride in our work, and strive to always offer quality products and services.
When you choose us for your smoke alarm installation or repair needs, you can expect up-front pricing, on-time service, and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We also offer warranties to protect any equipment you buy from us, such as smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Knowing that the Clearwater electrician you are dealing with stands behind what they sell is important. That's why at Hart’s Home Services, we give you written guarantees. Everything we furnish and install comes with a workmanship and performance guarantee as well as our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that says if you’re not completely satisfied, we will do whatever it takes to make it right…or you don’t pay. Call today to schedule service with one of our Clearwater smoke alarms experts and experience true quality service from Hart's Home Services, where the customer always comes first.
Recent Articles About Smoke Alarms
- ELECTRICAL HOME IMPROVEMENT: SELECTING THE RIGHT CLEARWATER ELECTRICIAN IS VITAL FOR SAFETY - Perhaps, you know some people who have bad experience with regards to hiring a Clearwater electrician. Some have problems with exorbitant pricing while others observed poor workmanship. Getting the wrong person who you will let do all electrical related jobs at home can result to inconvenience or hit to your savings. Shoddy electrical workmanship can ... [Read more]
- WHY ELECTRICAL REPAIRS SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE BY PROFESSIONAL CLEARWATER ELECTRICIANS - Most households and buildings in Clearwater, FL regularly require electrical repairs. This is logical as electricity is always used for operating appliances, equipment, and other machines. Short-circuits and small electrical shocks are normal and are quite usual. However, it is surprising that services of professional electricians are hardly sought. No one could blame home and ... [Read more]